SOLVED Cannot boot from install USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorbrca

Dabbler
So I have FreeNAS 9.3 running on a USB drive, and I'm trying to do a new and fresh install of v11, but I cannot get it to boot the installer. If I choose UEFI boot I get the grub rescue screen, and if I boot using legacy I get the "Reboot and select proper boot device" prompt. The checksum for my downloaded media checks.

I have tried:
- Different USB drives
- Writing using 3.0 and 2.0 USB ports
- Booting from 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- Completely disabling legacy and completely disabling UEFI on the BIOS
- Disabling XHCI mode and XHCI hand-off on the BIOS
- Writing the media on another machine (both are Arch Linux and I'm using dd - sudo dd if=FreeNAS-11.1-U5.iso of=/dev/sdj1 bs=64k status=progress oflag=sync)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, or missing something, but I can't figure out what.

Hardware
Code:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H87N-WIFI
CPU: Intel® Pentium® Processor G3430
MeM: 16GB
Hardisks: WD RED 3TB
Controler: Motherboard
Network card: Motherboard

Thanks,
Victor.

Last edited:

kdragon75

Wizard
We would love to help. However most boot issues are highly hardware specific. Please review the forum rules are provide the required information. Once you have done so, we will be able to better help you.

victorbrca

Dabbler
We would love to help. However most boot issues are highly hardware specific. Please review the forum rules are provide the required information. Once you have done so, we will be able to better help you.

Sorry... I was doing too many things at the same time and forgot to add the hardware specs.

victorbrca

Dabbler
Oh man... I'm so stupid.

sudo dd if=FreeNAS-11.1-U5.iso of=/dev/sdj bs=64k status=progress oflag=sync

Status
Not open for further replies.