I have a potentially dumb rsync question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
On Services->rsync, you can set the port explicitly. Default is 873. So you could change it, ostensibly.

But then, when you set an rsync task on another remote FreeNAS back to this one, in module mode, there would appear to be no way indicate any special port, should you venture out of 873. Presumably, if you can easily change the port the rsync service listens on, then you ought to just as easily with an explicit option in the GUI set the port it will attempt to phone back on from the other side. But either it does not, or, I'm an idiot. Or both.

Would appreciate being told what I'm missing here.

m0nkey_

MVP
I think that can be done in the 'Extra options' part of the rsync task.
Code:
--port=1234

acp

Explorer
I think that can be done in the 'Extra options' part of the rsync task.
Code:
--port=1234
Yes. While I never needed to change the port, this allows you to pass options to rsync. I used to change how logging works.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Would appreciate being told what I'm missing here.
Fractal Design Define R5 in pimp white.
Intel i3-6100 with CM Hyper 212 LED cooler, for aesthetic effect.
Maybe a little disco ball for the dance club theme?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
OK, well, the complaint I would have about this, then, is that the daemon port is front-and-center changeable option in the GUI, and the client's knowledge of that port has to be passed through as an auxiliary parameter. If setting the port in the GUI with a very obvious setting is de rigueur for the server side, it should also be for the client side. Makes sense, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.