I am trying to understand rclone crypt with blackblaze b2, before using it with cloud sync. Where are the rclone.conf files?

peterge

Explorer
Using SCALE.
I did set up cloud sync, which syncs and encrypts the files just fine. Now I am trying to use rclone to view the files from my sync to b2.
They are encrypted, so I need to decrypt.
I did not to set that up via rclone-gui yet, so I would like to have to look at the rclone config used by truenas before.
So: Where do I find my rclone.conf inside truenas for decrypting and viewing the files in my b2 bucket?

Last edited:

peterge

Explorer
1643653929521.png

the path reported by rclone config file gives no file :(

ikarlo

Dabbler
Hi,
rclone config are generated from middleware dynamically in /tmp folder as temp files during execution of cloud sync jobs.

peterge

Explorer
Hi,
rclone config are generated from middleware dynamically in /tmp folder as temp files during execution of cloud sync jobs.
Is it possible to view the config files? I just want to access my files from my desktop through rsync before i start using it.
I use these 2 configs:

[b2-photo] type = b2 account = #####id##### key = #####key##### [photo-crypt] type = crypt password = #####pw ##### password2 = #####pw2##### remote = b2-photo:

What am i doing wrong?

peterge

Explorer
Hi,
Is it possible to view this file? How is it named? I cant find anything in /tmp during execution

ikarlo

Dabbler
If I'm not wrong, you have to search (and copy elsewhere) for files like /tmp/tmp.5H3qRMWQqi during job execution.
At the end of job these files are deleted.