[Cloud Sync Encryption] Directory name encrypted with different password

Pheggas

Cadet
Hello. I wanted to backup all of my datasets to Google Drive (Team Drive). But i wanted to test it first so i set up my Cloud Sync - selected PUSH, SYNC, entered cloud credential, entered local path and remote path, checked "remote encryption" and "filename encryption", entered password i want to use for encryption / decryption (didn't add salt as i don't have any on my main rclone setup - so i didn't want to make it more complicated). And the rest i left as default.

The thing here is that when i started the cloud sync task, i noticed that it generates encrypted directories too, which i didn't want. So i tried to mount this path to my local machine using same password for decryption and enabled directory name encryption so i could also decrypt those names. Unfortunately, after i mounted configured remote, it was blank. There wasn't any files / folders so i assume something went wrong.

On the other hand, when i changed the "directory_name_encryption" to false, it showed the encrypted folder names but the files was actually decrypted. So it worked. Kind of. The thing i want to achieve is that the folder names wouldn't be encrypted. Or at least find that remote TrueNAS generated and copy it to my local machine so i can mount that path from Google Drive anytime.

Does anyone know what is the path to rclone config file on TrueNAS Core?

Pheggas

Cadet
EDIT: Resolved!

- Turns out TrueNAS doesn't store remotes the whole time (or at least i didn't find the config file i was looking for. I was trying both names - rclone and rsync but all it found was bunch of templates).

Solution:
Assuming you have normal Google Drive remote to the team drive already created. Let's name it gdrive: . You want to create crypt remote (in my case it was 10th option when creating new remote). When entering the remote:path, you need to enter yourremote:path/to/dataset so gdrive:Backups/TrueNAS in my case.

This way i was able to decrypt not only filenames and data but also directory names!

(Note for administrator: Please, approve this post so anyone can find this post as solution to their similar issue)