Cloud Sync restore from Backblaze (encrypted)- Status says success but no files

John's has

Cadet
Since upgrading to TrueNAS I wanted to validate the ability to restore from my Backblaze Cloud Sync. I have cloud sync backups in B2 bucket and can view the encrypted files when accessing Backblaze via their web interface- so they have successfully backed up from FreeNAS (Cloud Sync Task was created in FreeNAS; not sure if that's relevant). I've created a Cloud Sync Restore Task to restore one small folder for testing. The task status lists Success but the files haven't been copied back to TrueNAS. Not sure if this is a TrueNAS bug or I'm doing something wrong. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I tested this and it worked with FreeNAS 11.4. The log screenshot is attached but the Status posts as Success. Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-11-03 13-38-20.png
    Screenshot from 2020-11-03 13-38-20.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 233

Nick2253

Wizard
The probable reason you are getting "Success" is because the system "successfully" downloaded "all" 0 bytes of data :wink:

I'm thinking you have an issue with your Cloud Sync Restore Task. Possibly pulling the wrong data out of Backblaze.

John's has

Cadet
The probable reason you are getting "Success" is because the system "successfully" downloaded "all" 0 bytes of data :wink:

I'm thinking you have an issue with your Cloud Sync Restore Task. Possibly pulling the wrong data out of Backblaze.
Unlikely. I can see the files when I log in to backblaze web interface, I’ve checked it multiple times, that would mean there has to be an empty directory somewhere in backblaze, which there isn’t, and the log message also states “waiting to finish.”

John's has

Cadet
Okay I think I have it figured out..on the restore cloud sync task, I had "Filename Encryption" checked but wasn't checked on the original "Push" task.
The Restore working now... but I believe this is a bug where it is reporting the "Pull" restore task as successful when it wasn't. Will report this as a bug.

Nick2253

Wizard
Okay I think I have it figured out..on the restore cloud sync task, I had "Filename Encryption" checked but wasn't checked on the original "Push" task.
The Restore working now... but I believe this is a bug where it is reporting the "Pull" restore task as successful when it wasn't. Will report this as a bug.

I'm not sure that this is a bug, but it's definitely undesired behavior.

With filename encryption, it was looking for files based on the expected filename encryption format, and finding none, it was "successfully" finding no files to download.

I'm not sure how to correct this behavior. Perhaps have the task report a warning (or similar) if it finds files but no files with the "encrypted filenames"?