Hyper-V on Freenas (not the other way around)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABFreak

Cadet
Sorry for double posting, I've posted the first part of my thread on "Off Topic" section but I realize it is a better place here.

It seems everywhere I search I find Freenas setup on a virtual server but I want to do the opposite.

I want to setup 2 MS Datacenter 2008 R2 as MS fail-over clusters where both will share a number of Hyper-Vs
I want to set the Hyper-Vs source files on a third server with a hardware RAID where Freenas 8.2 will be installed.
I would create 2 ZFS volumes (one for the quorum and one for the DATA(hyper-V)

Is this feasible? and if anyone have a link to help that would be great.

In an effort to get to my goal, on Freenas 8.2 I have created a ZFS volume and configured iSCSI using LACP with 2 NICs on 10.0.2.5/24

On my 1st MS server 2008 R2 I setup MPIO and configured iSCSI NIC1: 10.0.2.10/24, NIC2: 10.0.2.11/24
On my 2nd MS server 2008 R2 I setup MPIO and configured iSCSI NIC1: 10.0.2.12/24, NIC2: 10.0.2.13/24

All NICs configured with Jumbo frames and going to same Dell Powerconect 5424 switch also configured to use jumbo frames. (my goal is to eventually have 2 switch and have one NIC from each server on each switch)

I can see the new drive on both servers, transfer files create delete and so on but after I run the Validate configuration wizard from within MS Failover cluster Manager the new volume is no longer accessible.

Anyone have any clues?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.