FreeNAS 9.3 with W2012 Hyper-V & Slow GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalonergan

Cadet
Hello,
I am new to FreeNAS. In the process of testing it and play with its features I decided to install in a W2012 R2 Hyper-V Server. The VM has 15 GB HD space, and 8 GB of memory with 4 cores. I am able to install the software, ping it's NIC interface and get a reply, however when I try to access the web GUI, it is very slow to load if it loads at all, most of the time it just times out. Any suggestions on previous posts or guides that I can look at to try to solve this?

Thanks

Joe

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
VMware is recommended for FreeNAS. Check this article by Josh Paetzel for more suggestions.

Jalonergan

Cadet
Thanks, that does not really answer my question though. I have noticed successful attempts on Youtube, and was curious if others had experienced difficulty with accessing the GUI after installation. Thanks.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello,
I am new to FreeNAS. In the process of testing it and play with its features I decided to install in a W2012 R2 Hyper-V Server. The VM has 15 GB HD space, and 8 GB of memory with 4 cores. I am able to install the software, ping it's NIC interface and get a reply, however when I try to access the web GUI, it is very slow to load if it loads at all, most of the time it just times out. Any suggestions on previous posts or guides that I can look at to try to solve this?

Thanks

Joe
Might be a networking problem. If you have gui access to your hyper-v host, try loading the freenas console through hyper-v manager and see what logs are being generated.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hyper-V was incompatible with FreeNAS for most of its history, and only recently has FreeBSD 10 become "compatible" with it. In theory FreeNAS 10 may work with it, but I don't know I'd count on a ton of stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.