How to upgrade Nextcloud from version 11.02 stable to version 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevDog

Patron
Ok I'm sure I'm going to get screamed at for this one

Currently using FreeNas version 11.1-U4. This system I upgraded from I believe FreeNas 9.3. I originally had FreeNas 11.02 installed in a freebsd jail created on 9.3. Is there anyway to upgrade to FreeNas 12 using this old jail? I don't believe the old jails were created with iocage. I'm sure I'll get the answer that I'll have to upgrade my jail first. My only concern in this process is how best to preserve the user database and data and SSL certificate which is currently employed on the current Nextcloud setup. Thanks for any suggestions.

Nah, no screaming. You arent going to like this.. Im sorry but you will have to make the switch from warden (old) to iocage (new) if you want the latest and greatest. Which means, you will have to rebuild your jails.

You can save your configs and such so that you can expedite this process. Just copy them over to your main pool. For instance, Plex for me was the biggest hurdle as there is about a hundred GB of stuff. But in the end I just rsync'd the plexdata from one jail to the other made sure the storages "appeared" the same and voila. No big whoop.

I would basically leave the existing jails alone until you get iocage configured and get some jails running in it. Then you can copy the files from one jail to the other in the FN host cli. This is what I did it seems and it wasnt that painful. Then once you have everything running as you want, you can blow the old jails away (then change your IPs on the new jails to match the old ones).

As of this writing me thinks FreeBSD/NAS is only 11.1 and not 12.

Also, forget about the plugins, they are are old and for the most part will not be updated. If you can get this going manually you can get anything going. Danb35 has a script for automation, but it isnt as fun as doing it manually. Nonetheless, big thanks to danb35. You can check his script out on github HERE.

pschatz100

Guru
I would basically leave the existing jails alone until you get iocage configured and get some jails running in it. Then you can copy the files from one jail to the other in the FN host cli. This is what I did it seems and it wasnt that painful. Then once you have everything running as you want, you can blow the old jails away (then change your IPs on the new jails to match the old ones).
Just be certain to avoid conflicts with your IP addresses. You can stop the services in your warden jails and still keep the old jails around as long as you want until you are comfortable with the new ones.

Just be certain to avoid conflicts with your IP addresses. You can stop the services in your warden jails and still keep the old jails around as long as you want until you are comfortable with the new ones.
Right, I should have emphasized that more.

Status
Not open for further replies.