How to reinstall 11.2-U6

I need to reinstall 11.2-U6, preferably from CLI/ssh. In a fit a rash acts, I removed 11.2-U6 through 11.3-BETA Boot environments

Updated(?) to 11.2-U7 and then 11.3-BETA, both have nuked my iocage jails. When I roll back to 11.2-U5, older jails reappear in the GUI, and iocage list. Newer test jail is marked currupt. U7 and BETA errors with "missing release database" when enter Jails GUI

Tried: freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-11.2-U6 update --> freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE update grabs 11.2-U7
Looked through the website for older copies, only can find the latest and BETA

This is giving me Deja Vu from PCBSD/TrueOS days.

D

dlavigne

Have you tried a fresh install of 11.2-U6 to either the same (or a new) boot device?

I need to reinstall 11.2-U6, preferably from CLI/ssh. In a fit a rash acts, I removed 11.2-U6 through 11.3-BETA Boot environments

Updated(?) to 11.2-U7 and then 11.3-BETA, both have nuked my iocage jails. When I roll back to 11.2-U5, older jails reappear in the GUI, and iocage list. Newer test jail is marked currupt. U7 and BETA errors with "missing release database" when enter Jails GUI

Tried: freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-11.2-U6 update --> freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE update grabs 11.2-U7
Looked through the website for older copies, only can find the latest and BETA

This is giving me Deja Vu from PCBSD/TrueOS days.
after a number of fresh installs with default config, had to nuke the pool and start afresh. Will restore data from external backups.

Iocage fetch via SSH and my jails can be rebuilt. I suspect just removing the iocage dataset would have given the same clean result, but decided to go for a completely fresh install going forward. Better than chasing arcane issues for days and never really getting system working correctly.

Redcoat

MVP