11.2-U6 to U7 and sabnzb

Spud

Contributor
I haven't updated from 11.2-U6 to 11.2-U7 for one reason and thats sabnzb, I know I could set it up in a VM seeing its no longer available as a plugin but really don't want to. And I hope it will return as a plugin option at some point for the later releases of Freenas

I'm guessing it will still run and do its thing as normal under U7 but just won't be accessible as a plugin like it was in U6 under the older GUI, seeing the old GUI is now gone.

My question is if I do update to U7 I can still boot back into U6 should I ever need to access the plugin for whatever reason right?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
My question is if I do update to U7 I can still boot back into U6 should I ever need to access the plugin for whatever reason right?
If you don't remove the boot environment (you can even mark it to keep), it will still be possible to boot back to an older version (remembering that's also the older config for shares and settings too).

Spud

Contributor
If you don't remove the boot environment (you can even mark it to keep), it will still be possible to boot back to an older version (remembering that's also the older config for shares and settings too).

Thanks sretalla I was pretty sure that would be the case if I did update to U7 but just thought I'd ask the question before doing so.

Thanks again

jon_2112

Explorer
It's pretty simple to recreate it as an iocage jail. That probably makes the most sense for you going forward.

Spud

Contributor
It's pretty simple to recreate it as an iocage jail. That probably makes the most sense for you going forward.

Yeah true but its working and I'll leave it till I'm forced to go down another path.

Thanks