Update to FreeNAS 11.2-U7

Steff0252

Dabbler
Hello
I'm new to this and probably need a lot of help.
I have managed to install and get it to work with my FreeNAS 11.2-U6.
I installed the FreeNas program on a small HDD through an ISO CD
I saw that there is an update and chose an automatic update for FreeNAS 11.2-U7.
I may have made a mistake, but I did restart on my FreeNas machine and there it stopped ??
I get this message:
This is a FreeNas data disk and cannot boot system. System halted. ????
Earlier before the update everything worked even when I restarted the machine.
If I now plug in the installation CD, he wants to reinstall the entire program ??

Is there anyone who can help me what to do ??
Thanks in advance
Eddie

Alecmascot

Guru
It looks like you stopped the update process by rebooting your machine and have been left with a non-bootable boot drive.
The BIOS is looking for a bootable drive and can only find a data disk.
Re install the system and load the configuration file that you saved(???) You did save it didn't you. !
If you are still on U6 then try the upgrade again and let it complete.

Steff0252

Dabbler
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately in the video I was watching to install, nothing is said about backup on the installation. Since I have already transferred the data that I want to use Nas to, you may be able to help me with the following info.
If I reinstall from the beginning, will all data (music, movies, photos) disappear from the disks, or can I import them into the system? Pool ?
Should I download version 7 directly and not need the update? Do you possibly have any info or video how to do a backup and can I use it as a boot?
Thanks in advance Eddie

Alecmascot

Guru
No data will be lost on a re-install.
When you go to do an upgrade it prompts you to backup the configuration. You must have declined.
I suggest you read the user's guide about this.
Probably best to install U7 and go through the config setup. Do not use the wizard and DO NOT make a new pool, and all your data will be preserved.
You may have to import the old pool, but it might find it in the final boot.