How to make rc.conf settings inmortal ? XBMC NFS & FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xagaba

Cadet
Hi !
I'm using the latest nightly from 8.3.1 branch.
For Freenas to share media with my XBMC box I use NFS, and for this to work with freenas, I need to put in rc.conf the next two options:

mountd_flags="-n"
nfs_reserved_port_only="NO"

Actually I'm putting this in /conf/base/etc/rc.conf to survive from reboots but I need to update it every upgrade.

There are planned any future possibility to :

A- Edit rc.conf settings from the GUI and save it in database
B- Be able to put some configuration options in NFS settings and save it in database

Thanks a lot for your replies !!!

Another thing .... Why nightlies are Alpha 8.3.1 and the beta 2 are 8.3.0 ?
how this to branches match ???

zedsdead

Cadet
Hey, I was wondering if you could help?

I'm trying to get NFS to work with FreeNAS and xbmc. Here's my scenario. I have set up nfs on freenas and I am able to view the files through my linux box. However XBMC won't see FreeNAS' nfs server. To test I have created another NFS server using just ubuntu and I am able to view it through xbmc via the insecure parameter when mounting.

What I think I need to know is what options you have set in your rc.conf in order for XBMC to view the NFS share as insecure. Are those two parameters above the only ones you've set?

Any help is appreciated.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
AFAIK there is no way to make those changes "immortal". The rc.conf is replaced every time you do an upgrade of FreeNAS. I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.