[How To] Install Sickbeard Anime version from Git on FreeNAS 9.1 (and other git projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkyThePig

Dabbler
So I finally sat down today to figure out how to install a project from git. I chose sickbeard anime edition as there is no real other solution currently for pulling anime episodes (subbed). This can be expanded to other git projects with minor googling etc (provided that the project is actually able to run on freebsd systems).

PLEASE NOTE: I have not extensively tested this, currently the furthest I have gotten is accessing the web interface and clicked around a bit to make sure it is functioning. I have regular sickbeard running from the pbi that master gollum posted and so I assume this should work just fine.

The commands are as follows:

Make a 'portjail' With pretty much default everything from the GUI. give it an IP etc.
once it is running SSH into your box and run these commands:

Code:
jls
jexec # csh
pkg_add -r git
git clone https://github.com/lad1337/Sick-Beard.git
pkg_add -r py27-cheetah
pkg_add -r python
pkg_add -r py27-sqlite3
cd Sick-Beard
python SickBeard.py -d

The # sign in command 2 is the JID associated with your jail.

This will start sickbeard anime edition and it will by default be running on http://jailip:8081

NOTE: I have not tried installing in the same jail that contains another version of sickbeard, unless you are feeling brave and want to test, install this in its own jail

If you want to install other projects the only thing that needs to change is the clone URL and the dependencies that we install afterwards. Typically the documentation for a project will explain what packages are needed and to find the package it is typically as easy as googling "package add python freebsd" which would lead you to pkg_add -r python as the command you would need to run.

Once I have some more time I plan to figure out how to make it auto run on jail startup, maybe tomorrow.

ShinobiX9X

Contributor
Hello again,
So i did it different this time.
I installed the Sickbeard PBI from webgui. Then downloaded the fork i wanted from git, and replaced the Sickbeard source.
It works perfect, can swith off and on plugin from freenas webui, and haven't encountered a problem yet.

d12

Cadet
These PBIs listed, and all others that I can find, have 'amd64' in the name... but I'm running a pentium.

Is this something that hasn't make it to 9.x yet? If so, should I try 8.x for my install?

Should I look even harder for a turnkey solution?

Is this a stupid question?

ShinobiX9X

Contributor
amd64 is for the 64bit OS's (either AMD or Intel)
If you installed the 64bit FreeNAS, you can install the amd64 PBI's

d12

Cadet
Thanks for the answer.

Looks like I have other issues!

Jojoicb

Cadet
First off .. thank you for this it worked like a charm. I do have one problem though.
How do I start this back up after a reboot?

Skyler

Dabbler
Hello again,
So i did it different this time.
I installed the Sickbeard PBI from webgui. Then downloaded the fork i wanted from git, and replaced the Sickbeard source.
It works perfect, can swith off and on plugin from freenas webui, and haven't encountered a problem yet.

Shinobi can you explain this in more detail? I'm using the Sickbeard TPB version as well. What "source" files are you referring to? I'd like to be able to keep my database and config, if possible.

Skyler

Dabbler
First off .. thank you for this it worked like a charm. I do have one problem though.
How do I start this back up after a reboot?

Follow steps 1-2 and 8-9 from the original post. You will also need to re-enable any Storage (mount points) that are located in the Sickbeard jail.

BlazeStar

Patron
Hi, awesome post thanks!

I followed those step to install SickRage:

Make a 'portjail' With pretty much default everything from the GUI. give it an IP etc.
once it is running SSH into your box and run these commands:

Code:
jls
jexec # csh
pkg_add -r git
git clone https://github.com/lad1337/Sick-Beard.git
pkg_add -r py27-cheetah
pkg_add -r python
pkg_add -r py27-sqlite3
cd Sick-Beard
python SickBeard.py -d

Except that I changed line 3 to:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/echel0n/SickRage.git

Then last line gives me this:
Code:
python SickBeard.py    -d
No handlers could be found for logger "sickbeard"

Any idea what's up with that ?

Thanks!

ShinobiX9X

Contributor
Hi blazestar,

Check the files, it's probably sickrage.py to start.

An other way i installed SickRage:
Install the SickBeard PBI.
don't switch it on in UI (don't know if neccassary, but i switch off the jail in UI)
Download the source files of SickRage from git.
Now i don't remember by heart which folder that has to be overwritten i'll come back later to let you know.
Basically it overwrites SickBeard with Sickrage. Now you got Sickrage working like other pbi's.

edit: i checked git, it should be SickBeard.py. So i don't know.
I do know that the way i installed it works.

Last edited:

Skyler

Dabbler
Update:

As pointed out by Joshua Parker Ruehlig in this thread:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...stall-tpb-sickbeard-branch.21348/#post-162503

As of yesterday, there's a SickRage plugin now available!

Correct! I installed FreeNAS 9.3 last week and noticed the SickRage plugin was available. Seems to be working just fine, however I'm not sure if updates from git are working. SickRage notification indicates I'm 176 commits behind. Attempting to update now...

BlazeStar

Patron
Correct! I installed FreeNAS 9.3 last week and noticed the SickRage plugin was available. Seems to be working just fine, however I'm not sure if updates from git are working. SickRage notification indicates I'm 176 commits behind. Attempting to update now...

Interesting!

Let me know how it went... and what was your procedure plz!

Darby

Cadet
My Google-Fu skills are lacking today. Would somebody mind taking the time out and telling me what to do with the new Sickrage plugin available for 9.3 now? Is there a localhost : port URL to use to access the SR GUI?

Skyler

Dabbler
My Google-Fu skills are lacking today. Would somebody mind taking the time out and telling me what to do with the new Sickrage plugin available for 9.3 now? Is there a localhost : port URL to use to access the SR GUI?

Once you install the Plugin, you can access the URL by clicking on the SickRage plugin on the treemenu. It'll be your *jailIP*:8081

Darby

Cadet
Once you install the Plugin, you can access the URL by clicking on the SickRage plugin on the treemenu. It'll be your *jailIP*:8081

Are you sure you're not thinking of the SickBeard plugin? (which also defaults to port 8081)

Skyler

Dabbler
Are you sure you're not thinking of the SickBeard plugin? (which also defaults to port 8081)

SickRage is essentially just a fork of SickBeard. Both default to port 8081 (which is what SickRage is running on for me). The only difference between the two would be the JailIP that it's running in.

Status
Not open for further replies.