SOLVED Unable to git clone, start sickbeard, and start couchpotato

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOX

Dabbler
Hello FreeNAS Community!

I am currently following JRuehlig's Blog about setting up an automated FreeNAS server, and I would like to fit it to my needs, but I am experiencing some issues along the way. I got through installing FreeNAS, creating a PluginJail, and uploading all four plugins to the new jail. After all four of the plugins were uploaded I was able to start them without any issue, but after installing "git python2 py27-sqlite3 ffmpeg nginx" I was unable to clone the SickRage branch from git (Please see error pasted below when using git clone command).

Also, when I was attempting to correct the SickBeard I rebooted the FreeNAS server, and CouchPotato no longer will start with the error post below.

git clone error
Shared object "libiconv.so.2" not found, required by "git"

CouchPotato Startup
Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "python2.7"

Thank you everyone for your time!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
try 'pkg upgrade'
then see if git and 'service couchpotato start' works.

I have a feeling that might fix some of the library inconsistencies.

BTW, are you on FN9.2 or 9.3? I haven't started testing things on 9.3 yet.

NOX

Dabbler
Hello Joshua,

I am currently using FreeNAS 9.2 for this setup. When I ran 'pkg upgrade' it installed some updates and I was successfully able to clone the SickRage repository (Thank You!), but I am still unable to start CouchPotato with the command 'service couchpotato onestart'. I still am receiving the error 'Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "python2.7" /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato: WARNING: failed to start couchpotato' when attempting to start the service.
Code:
service couchpotato onestart
Starting couchpotato.
Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "python2.7"
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato: WARNING: failed to start couchpotato

Thank you again for your assistance!

EDIT
When I search for the "libintl.so.9" library I am able to locate it in the couchpotato, sickbeard, and sabnzbd separate local lib directories.
Code:
find / -name "libintl.so.9"                             
/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/lib/libintl.so.9                                    
/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/libintl.so.9                                      
/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/libintl.so.9

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
not sure why it's broken but this should fix it

ln -s /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/lib/libintl.so.9 /usr/local/lib

NOX

Dabbler
Thank you very much Joshua, it works!

Now that I've gotten that far I am working on configuring all the WebGUI's, but it appears that SickRage is having some issues with the WebGUI. The webpage appears, but no styling.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thank you very much Joshua, it works!

Now that I've gotten that far I am working on configuring all the WebGUI's, but it appears that SickRage is having some issues with the WebGUI. The webpage appears, but no styling.
strange, SR used to be super buggy but has been stable for me for a few months. the developer is really responsive on his forum if you think it's a bug.

NOX

Dabbler
I was looking at the bug tacker on github, and it appears to already be listed as #1051. Do you happen to the last commit you pulled either on the develop or master branch?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
my production machine is on master with autoupdating. it's pretty set-it forget-it. its responding right now but maybe it'll break next time it updates.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think a cause of this issue is in SR's recently created repo he made develop the default branch. I'll file a bug.
for you I'd just 'git checkout master' then chown it to media again

NOX

Dabbler
Thank you for filing the bug report!

Even after I checked out the master branch and did a hard reset I was unable to get the SickRage WebUI to stylize, so I finally just uninstalled the plugin from the jail and re-uploaded it. Once uploaded I immediately pulled the SickRage master branch down, and then started. Now all is well and I get a stylized WebUI.

Thank you very much for all of your assistance. I am going to marked this as Solved now.

tomat

Cadet
Just in case anyone else stumbled upon this thread while Googling as I did I ran across exactly the same issues as Nox ("libiconv.so.2" not found and "'Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found")
and Joshua's fixes worked perfectly and got me up and running so belated thanks Joshua!

I'm a complete beginner and was following this guide: https://www.jruehlig.com/wordpress/installation-configuration-of-freenas-plugins/ , I have FreeNAS 9.2 installed and I'm planning on sitting back and
enjoying the fruits of my labours for a bit before even thinking about tackling an upgrade to 9.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.