How to FTP-DLNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTPStudio

Cadet
Im new user of freenas. I had about 20people accessing nas.Can anybody help me please with this basic configuration. There is many users group by default in freenas.What is it for?What jail is for?
What I need is only one administrator for FTP serves who can access delete copy etc. rest users will use anonym acces with only copy and read files. Another service I need for DLNA equipment TV etc.
One more thing I have in freenas 2LAN adapters is it possible on each adapter diferent IPs network so both networks on diferent IPs will acces freenas? I had 4TB drive already in Windows formated with GPT on 3.6TB NTFS systém can I plugin this drive in freenas and keep filesystem and of course files on it for sharing? Can I get from anybody step by step configuration for my need please?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Read the manual! Search the forums because your questions look like you are lazy and you want us to just give you the answers. Sorry, this isn't the way we roll.

PTPStudio

Cadet
Can You tell me how to create right way users for FTP?I create ftp user but freenas refuse conection.Then somehow login to ftp freenas but cant move create files. What services are for DLNA?

joeschmuck

Old Man
I can tell you to read the manual for FTP and do a Google search for DLNA if you don't know what it is. If you cannot figure it out then FreeNAS is too advanced for you.

PTPStudio

Cadet
I spand 2days trying make this owsome freenas work. Somehow ftp work way I need but minidlna in some stupid jail donot work.I need share folders from my ftp user to minidlna but there is propably no way to doit. I ask for help on this forum to safe time looking searching on internet manual, but thats not way we roll? So thank You for yours great help and unique software ! Who ever builded is it as you like "too advanced" but plain users can make it work. Many stupid default users and groups. Plugin DLNA shout be builded already init but not in some stupid jail where from is hard to make it work.
Can anybody tell me how that stupid minidlna make work to share my FTP user folder to TV etc.?
Donot try tell me this is not way we roll! Thank You much

joeschmuck

Old Man
If you can't figure out Minidlna then try Plex. And if you did a search for minidlna you would find a few threads dedicated to MiniDLNA that I wrote that give you step by step instructions on how to setup MiniDLNA. Again, Plex is very good too and you can use the Plex threads on how to set it up. There is no way we can help you without knowing the paths to all your files. And if you don't like our forums well you can voice your opinion but it's iX Systems forum not mine and we are making the best of what we got.

PTPStudio

Cadet
How is settings permitions on folders for FTP? Anonymous users on ftp login can by default read and copy files but donot move or delete them is that right? Permision execute is for copies files? For media server I need see choosen folder by TV multimédia center etc. Must I use only DLNA service? Or its can be used any another sharing service build in freenas? You offer me use PLEX service how to intstall it to freenas interface?

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm sorry but I cannot help you. I'm unsubscribing from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.