An error occurred when access GUI URL after update to 9.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Here's my current configuration:

Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM. 4 SATA Internal HD. 1 500 GB SATA 3, and 3 1 TG SATA 2.

Using freenas almost from 1 year ago for a Virtual Machine Lab. Using 8.x with no problem and update it avery time and 8.x update appears.

Now I updated the server to 9.1.1 everything appears to be working fine on day 1, for the second day now I'm not able to access the GUI. Always I get:

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check theerror log for details.
Faithfully yours, nginx.

I already try from diferent browsers and diferent machines with the same result.

The tail of the /var/log/nginx-error.log has a lot of the following messages, one for each attempt to the GUI.

2013/10/07 11:26:07 [error] 2019#0: *20 kevent() reported that connect() failed (61: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: X.X.X.X, server: localhost, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9042", host: "myhost.mydomain.com"

I put X.X.X.X instead of the real client IP and "myhost.mydomain.com" instead of the real FreeNAS hostname.

All the functionality of the FreeNAS box is working fine. All my VM are working fine using iSCSI drives from the FreeNAS, ssh, ftp, smb access is working too. Just the not working component is the GUI.

Is there any way/procedure to restore the GUI, reinstall o reconfig? And without affecting the existing FreeNAS configuration, volumes, etc?

Please any advice is welcome. I'm desperately trying to get the GUI fixed because need to add some volumes.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Whattteva

Wizard
I'm pretty sure you could just reflash the boot image and restore your configuration file and it would essentially be a fresh reinstall.

Jeff Fanelli

Cadet
I'm having the same issue, for what it's worth. If others are also, might be indicative of a larger problem (bug).

Matt Reynolds

Dabbler
Chiming in to say I'm getting this problem now too.

The web interface had been playing up last week, either the menu not loading or the reports not displaying. Now I'm just getting the nginx error page like the OP. Restarting the nginx service doesn't help.

Anyone have a fix for this yet?

Edit: This seems to be a problem with python and fastcgi. After I killed the process running python/fastcgi and reloaded it, the web interface started working again.

Well, following the advice, I do a backup of all the configuration files (/data folder). Reflash the USB and restore the config files. Now all is working fine again. Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
This is the english section of the forums. Take your link to the appropriate language please.

Newbie question. I would assume that I need the full installer to re-flash? Or are you saying I should downgrade to 9.2.1?

I think I'll watch this thread for a while to see what everyone is saying about this before I re-flash.
since my shares are fine. I do want to get the GUI working as I have a larger drive to swap in (last one to grow my zpool)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Nobody is saying anything here.. this topic was done in Oct 2013!

My bad. Brain fart reading the title. I'm talking about 9.2.1.1. I guess I'l just reflash the USB Stick. I did save my config before updating.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.