SOLVED How do i set this up?

Shankage

Explorer
Hi all,

I am struggling with a setup at the moment, quick run down
- Created an NFS pool named media and copied content from my old media server to it
- Was not able to properly get a vm running Sonarr, Sabnzbd and plex running from it properly (plex wasn't able to playback the content)
- Created an SMB share to the root of media, and created an account called plex, with a group called plex
- mounted the SMB share using those credentials and this solved the plex playback issue
- now when attempting to add new series into sonarr it just doesn't create the folders - i'm assuming this is also permissions related
- attempted to create a local user called plex on the vm and run the sonarr service as it to see if it would let me create the folder through sonarr, this didn't work
- i've also noticed that sonarr will tap into sab and push the download to the client and into the folder in the catergory, but it will never get renamed or moved.

Hoping someone could point me in the right direction or provide some assistance?

Thanks!

Shankage

Explorer
The location where sonarr / sab are downloading the unmoved files are still on the nfs / smb share, I had set recursive permissions at the top level for the plex account.

Update: I waited for a little longer and the folder seems to have been created (this is while running the account as the plex user), downloads are still going to the completed downloads folder specified in SAB and not being moved... noticed random file name downloads like "b9412c1e8c2f4827bc7b37e5738dfde3" as well.

Last edited:

Shankage

Explorer
Alright, looks like i fixed it, mods please close / delete this thread as it wasn't related to permissions.

The directories specified in Sonarr and SAB need to be the same - even how they are referenced.. eg unc / smb / mapped drives.

Last edited: