How do I access the MineOS server files to install plugins?

Skippy4302

Cadet
Full disclosure, I am brand new to anything NAS related... So if I haven't provided all necessary details to help solve the problem I'm facing, please let me know.

I recently installed FreeNAS-11.3-U5 on an old pc that is no longer in use. My main goal in action was creating a minecraft server. After everything was booted up and I created a pool, I installed the MineOS plugin.
This all works great, however, my wish is now to create a papermc server and install plugins like mcMMO. My research has shown that to do this I must have access to the server's directory, though I don't know how to get to those. I would also like to keep the current world file, otherwise I would have just tried installing everything from scratch.

I have tried creating a user that has access to my entire freenas directory and accessing the files using Windows Shares (SMB). But when I do, it simply creates a new user directory. What I mean is that when I add a user and try to set its home directory to /mnt/Server ("Server" is the pool I created), it creates the directory /mnt/Server/[user]. I feel like this could be the reason that I don't have access to the /var/games/minecraft directory. Should I have added a user before installing the MineOS plugin?
I have also tried using FileZilla and opening the directory using shell, but without success.

If anyone could help me gain access to my minecraft server files, I would be eternally grateful.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You use ssh (mac OS terminal, Windows Powershell or Putty/WinSCP). That's the way I would recommend.

SSH as root into your Free/TrueNAS, use iocage console name-of-mineos-jail, then enable SSH for the mineos jail, logout again and ssh directly into the jail. You can then copy files to and fro, modify things, restart services, install additional packages ...
But you need to learn to use the command line.