Hombridge mDNS Problem TrueNAS Scale / Time Machine

Hi, I just found out about TrueNAS Scale and I already love it. It set everything up including a Homebridge Docker following this guide. It worked right away.

Before that I installed Homebridge using a VM. It worked for a day and then I ran into the same issue not being able to control may devices. After deactivating mDNS Homebridge works as expected using Docker. But now I am not longer able to use my Time Machine Backup which is not what I want. Is there an easy solution to this? Why am I running into the same issue using a VM? I didn't run into this issue using Openmediavault which is not even close to being as polished as TrueNAS is.

Can someone help by providing a simple solution or explaining that the issue is?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany.

mye

Dabbler
you need setup dedicated ip. That will make mdns packets reach proper port.
1661660813355.png

mye

Dabbler
You don't need bridge setup for load balancer to assign ip to the pod (truenas scale runs Kubernetes, that are the correct naming of things). Look at the screenshot below where to find settings. Then set it up similar as in my first reply. The difference will be IP address of your choice and naming of your network interface.
1662353168099.png