Networking issue with Homebridge app

John Rushford

Dabbler
Greetings,

I've installed the Truecharts homebridge app on my Truenas scale machine, TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.1, and am unable to reach the home bridge app ui. When installing home bridge, I chose "clusterIP" added my host bridge interface and designated an IP4 address. Once home bridge is deployed, I shell into it and I see that a net1 interface is configured with the designated IP4 address but the app is only listening using tcp6: I can connect to the UI using the net1 ip6 address fine but I would much rather have it listening on the designated IP4 address. I've tried to edit the config for the container but I see no options that would help in getting it to listen on net1 using tcp4. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? I've already tried re-installing the app 3 times and each time It comes up only listening on tcp6.

John Rushford

Dabbler
Greetings,

I've installed the Truecharts homebridge app on my Truenas scale machine, TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.1, and am unable to reach the home bridge app ui. When installing home bridge, I chose "clusterIP" added my host bridge interface and designated an IP4 address. Once home bridge is deployed, I shell into it and I see that a net1 interface is configured with the designated IP4 address but the app is only listening using tcp6: I can connect to the UI using the net1 ip6 address fine but I would much rather have it listening on the designated IP4 address. I've tried to edit the config for the container but I see no options that would help in getting it to listen on net1 using tcp4. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? I've already tried re-installing the app 3 times and each time It comes up only listening on tcp6.
Never mind, I found a solution to this by updating the home bridge config.json.