Help Updating Plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizquick

Explorer
not sure how to update plex plugin on my Freenas box anymore.
I'm running FreeNAS-11.1-U5
the update feature does not appear anymore in the plugin's.

Do I need to change how I use it now?
my Proc in this unit won't support a VM with bhyve. worked with Virtual box but they took that out a while ago.
So kind of stuck. I really don't want to change hardware to run plex off it. If I can't I think I'll just scrap freenas and run a win12 server and put plex on it. But I really dont want to do that. Cause I like how FreeNAS has all these other things and seams more fun to play with.

m0nkey_

MVP
The update button does not appear for plugins until an updated version is available.

You have to wait for the plugin maintainer to upgrade the plugin.

rmccullough

Patron
So I have a plugin/jail I created with 11.2 BETA 2 that is running plexmediaserver-plexpass v1.13.5.5291:
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 1.51.42 PM.png

Notice there is no "Update" option, even if I "Stop" the jail/plugin.

The "Available Plugins" page shows that v1.13.8.5395 is available:
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 1.50.25 PM.png

How do I update my jail/plugin to the latest version?

kdragon75

Wizard

kdragon75

Wizard
Do I need to change how I use it now?
If you see your jail in classic/legacy UI, this meant your plex jail is based on Warden and will not support any further updates. You will need to setup an iocage jail to maintian support going forward. I dont know if the new UI supports installing iocage plugins. You will have to search the forums to gather information. Also to access the new UI in 11.1U5 you need to use http://<Freenas IP or HOSTAME>/ui

rmccullough

Patron

m0nkey_

MVP
@rmccullough are your thread jacking?
Instead of accusing a forum poster of thread jacking, how about asking to create a new thread instead? We don't need that kind of attitude here.

@rmccullough While your issue may be similar in nature, I recommend creating a new thread. The 11.2 train is relatively new and the jail/plugin architecture has changed considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.