Plex not playing videos - Videos not playing if started manually after Router change

Status
Not open for further replies.

knisper64456

Cadet
hey, i recently had to change my router from a thompson to an ares and since then plex media server went from perfectly functioning to extremely choppy to not playing videos at all anymore. The same happens if i want to manually start videos from the nas hdd.

all the libraries are there, in plex and on the hdd - they just won't play.

what went wrong? i try to update the plex plugin from within the freenas webgui - it does download everything but gets stuck during the "updating plugin" process at 50% for ages.

but i guess there's something else wrong when i can't manually play the files.

the things i changed on my router was setting the channel from 13 (default) to 11 and i changed the pre-shared key with AES only selected. i also renamed the wireless network name and made sure that upnp & dhcp are enabled. Nat mode is "routed with nat".

this is my freenas version: FreeNAS-9.2.1.3-RELEASE-x64 (dc0c46b)

there's also an alert: WARNING: The WebGUI Address could not bind to 192.168.0.15; using wildcard

Please help!

Last edited:

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Are you accessing plex via wired or wireless?
Local network or remote?
Did any of the IP addresses change, or possibly duplicate?

knisper64456

Cadet
Are you accessing plex via wired or wireless?
Local network or remote?
Did any of the IP addresses change, or possibly duplicate?

the server is connected to the router via cable.

well, everything is still in it's place, the freenas is connected to pc/mac all data is on it and accessible so i doubt the ip adress changed... where can i check if it duplicated itself? these are the ips showing up in the network settings.
re0192.168.0.14/24
and default route is 192.168.0.1

plex is now showing as up to date: plexmediaserver-0.9.9.12.504-amd64

Last edited:

marcevan

Patron
To check if it duped, just have a look at your jails.

You should have one entry for Plex, but if you have plexmediaserver_1 and plexmediaserver_2 you then have two IP addresses and make sure they are not the same.

Also, try going to plex.tv, login and launch and see if you get playout there.

knisper64456

Cadet
To check if it duped, just have a look at your jails.

You should have one entry for Plex, but if you have plexmediaserver_1 and plexmediaserver_2 you then have two IP addresses and make sure they are not the same.

Also, try going to plex.tv, login and launch and see if you get playout there.

i only have plexmediaserver_1 in jails - ip is 192.168.0.2 - when i try to access plex from plugins (http://192.168.0.2:32400/web/index.html) i get a 404 page.

when i check my server on plex.tv it says "unavailable"... and when i launch it none of my folders show - it's unvailable. :(

i installed mascherino which worked perfectly fine but when i try to open it it can't be found. EDIT: i can now open it - it was turned off.

is there any other way to tell if there is something duplicated? or do i have to configure eveything again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.