I recently updated my Plexpass jail with this:
Code:
# service plexmediaserver_plexpass stop
# pkg update && pkg upgrade multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass
# service plexmediaserver_plexpass start

After the update, I run
Code:
 pkg search plexmediaserver-plexpass 
and it appears that the script has done its job, updating Plex to the latest version: Plexpass 1.14.0.5468, but whenever I connect to Plex, the banner that displays "a new Plex Media server update is available 1.14.0.5468" appears.

I just wanted to understand if Plex is properly updated or not. Usually, when I updated Plex in the past, the banner did not show after the update procedure.

Cheers
Max

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Clear your browser cache and check again.

mbrunelli87

Explorer
Cleared the cache, done in 2 different browsers on 2 different devices. Same issue...the banner is still being shown

pschatz100

Guru
Actually, 1.14.0.5468 is not the latest version. A slightly newer one came out today. The FreeBSD pkg repositories are always a few days behind.

But my big question is: Why do you care? Is there something in the very latest version that you need? Just dismiss the banner and it will go away.

we7313

Dabbler
I have the same problem. I made my script output the version number after upgrade and I am on 1.14, but the web interface still says 1.13

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I have the same problem. I made my script output the version number after upgrade and I am on 1.14, but the web interface still says 1.13
Clear your browser cache.

Sinister

Dabbler
I'm running into the same issue here did anyone find a solution? when I try to run anything from my TV's it says that Plex media server version 1.10.xx or higher is required and that I have 1.7.5.xx. I checked freenas and the plug in says 1.12.2.4929. any idea? Tried to update plex from shell but no luck. ty

Last edited:

raidflex

Guru
I would highly recommend to just create a stock iocage jail and install Plex, its fairly simple. Then you can just use pkg to upgrade to new versions instead of waiting for the plugin to be updated. The plugins are not meant to be manually updated.

Edit: I forgot to mention you will need to update the repo and change"quarterly" to "latest" in /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
So you are not modifying original files making it hard to track down issues by not doing it the correct way.

Sinister

Dabbler
thanks I'll look into the pkg override I'm new to this so to me it doesn't look easy.

Sinister

Dabbler
I couldn't make sense on how to create a package (completely noob here) I ended up deleting Plex completely and by following the instructions on this video I was able to install the latest version. updating in case someone needs this info in the future. thanks to all that replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tItUA8k3FqA