Help! JailMissingConfiguration plex

Cavve

Cadet
Goodmorning everyone, I recently built my NAS, after a few weeks the Plex plugin has stopped working and I can not eliminate the jail. Can you help me.

Cavve

Cadet
This appears when I try to stop the jail

JailMissingConfiguration
plex is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.

D

dlavigne

Try this:
iocage list
to find the name of the plex jail. Then:
iocage destroy jailname (using the name from the previous command)

Cavve

Cadet
Many thanks, I managed to properly destroy the jail but if I try to install plex again I get this error:

"
Install
plex is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
"

How can i solve?

dragther

Cadet
Hey Everyone,

After doing an upgrade (fresh install) from corral to 11.2 I appear to be having the same problem. Whenever I try to install a plugin (both DHCP and static) and click save the loader hangs on 50% installing ffmpeg after which I receive the following error:

plex is missing its configuration please destroy this jail and recreate it.

I have also been able to find the following traceback:
Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 255, in json_load
    jail_dataset.properties["org.freebsd.iocage:host_hostuuid"]
  File "libzfs.pyx", line 2063, in libzfs.ZFSPropertyDict.__getitem__
KeyError: 'org.freebsd.iocage:host_hostuuid'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
    return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 590, in stop
    iocage.stop()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1688, in stop
    conf = ioc_json.IOCJson(path, silent=self.silent, stop=True
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 271, in json_load
    exception=ioc_exceptions.JailMissingConfiguration)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 90, in logit
    _callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.JailMissinguiConfiguration: plex is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1141, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1078, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1105, in _call_worker
    job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1036, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1021, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.JailMissingConfiguration: plex is missing it's configuration, please destroy this jail and recreate it.

I have further tried creating (empty) jails via the add jail menu instead of creating them via the plugin menu, which does appear to work. I have also found that this error appears on every plugin and not just when attempting to install plex. Just like Cavve I am still able to remove jails via the destroy command of iocage in the shell. I am also able to ping sites like google.com from the nas.

From my own googling I have only found a youtube comment which claims that having a mounting point with a space in it (in my case: Main volume) could this be the case here as well? The jail created via the plugin menu does show up as corrupt in the jails list, and the plugin itself does not show up in the installed plugin list at all.

My specs for those that would like to know:

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4560 @ 3.50GHz (4 cores)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X150M-PRO ECC - 1.0
RAM: 2*8GB DDR 4 ECC (KVR21E15D8K2/16 )
Hard Drive: WD Red NAS Hard Drive WD30EFRX 2x 3TB in mirror
video card: MSI GT 710 1GD3H LP

Thank you in advance for reading my message and it would be great if someone could help me fix the problem.

dragther

Cadet
For anyone else having the same problem, the space in my pool name was indeed the culprit. Removing this space enabled plugin installation. This can be done via the shell with commands:

Code:
zpool export POOL\ NAMEOLD (make sure to use a\ before the space, you may have to use -f (force) after export but use this at your own risk)
zpool import POOL\ NAMEOLD NEWPOOLNAME
zpool export NEWPOOLNAME
then import the pool using the freenas gui

This should solve the issue.

xames

Patron
I have the same problem, every day my jails are corrupt state, i don't know how to debug and where to find. I have a microserver gen10 hp with ssds inside and TrueNas 12.1

dwhite

Dabbler
For anyone else having the same problem, the space in my pool name was indeed the culprit. Removing this space enabled plugin installation. This can be done via the shell with commands:

Code:
zpool export POOL\ NAMEOLD (make sure to use a\ before the space, you may have to use -f (force) after export but use this at your own risk)
zpool export NEWPOOLNAME

Code:
zpool export NEWPOOLNAME

I'm not exactly following what the commands should look like. I've tried multiple ways. My pool is called The Vault. Any further clarification would be greatly appreciated.

sx56

Cadet
I'm not exactly following what the commands should look like. I've tried multiple ways. My pool is called The Vault. Any further clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Pool\ Nameold = The\ Vault
So... you have to:

Code:
zpool export The\ Vault
zpool import The\ Vault TheVault
zpool export TheVault

:)