Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvarogmj

Cadet
I'm new here, so Hi All!

My name is Alvaro, I'm from Uruguay, and I'm looking to build my first FreeNAS server. I want to play with FreeBSD and ZFS until I'm comfortable enough to trust them with my files.

I'm basically a Linux guy, I've been using Slackware for 16 years, and work daily with Linux VMs in AWS. I used to support applications on AIX and Solaris (I still have the Solaris 10 DVDs Sun used to give away), and I'm a heavy user of ViM (which is what my work Mac is "busy" with, 90% of the time).

Next year I hope my company will send me a couple of weeks to the US, so at that point I'll take the opportunity to buy some used server hardware, expect many newbie questions and requests for advice at that time :)

Cheers!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Welcome aboard!

joeschmuck

Old Man
Welcome. How is the cloud treating you today? I have a buddy there, his name is Joe, have you seen him?

Hey, it's nice to have a place to unwind. I hope you enjoy your stay at FreeNAS Forums. Please read the forum rules if you have not done so, it will give you advice on how to post so that we can provide the best possible answers in the shortest amount of time. Bodda Bing Bodda Boom :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.