SOLVED GUI Certificate Error on Chrome for OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
I have had no issues getting a secure connection to the web GUI until about two months ago. Now Chrome and firefox for OSX tells me the connection is not secure and gives the following error: NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. I am able to get a secure connection with firefox for linux, but not with chrome for linux. I have the latest updates for all the browsers & FreeNAS. I also have no extensions enabled and no firewall enabled. Any additional information needed I will try to provide.

Update 02JUN2017: Now Firefox for OSX gets a secure connection.

Found the Bug Report.

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
Glad you went searching and found the bug report.

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
Glad you went searching and found the bug report.
I tried finding it before I asked on the forum, I guess I didn't look hard enough. Hopefully anyone else having this issue will have a much easier time finding the cause.

zoomzoom

Guru
This is easy enough to solve by using an openssl.cnf with OpenSSL to generate a CA and use it to sign certs. I have a pre-built openssl.cnf in my signature which has all commands, and explanations, starting about halfway down (4 commands to create CA, 3 to create, sign, and export to P12 for client certs)

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I tried finding it before I asked on the forum, I guess I didn't look hard enough.
That's a corollary of Murphy's Law - your answers will inevitably be obvious just after you post your question.

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
That's a corollary of Murphy's Law - your answers will inevitably be obvious just after you post your question.
Just like when you try to show someone an issue, but when you get there the issue magically resolved and your unable to reproduce whatever the problem was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLMJOSLIN

Dabbler
This is easy enough to solve by using an openssl.cnf with OpenSSL to generate a CA and use it to sign certs. I have a pre-built openssl.cnf in my signature which has all commands, and explanations, starting about halfway down (4 commands to create CA, 3 to create, sign, and export to P12 for client certs)
Thank you I'll try that out when I get home and update you.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Just like when you try to show someone an issue, but when you get there the issue magically resolved and your unable to reproduce whatever the problem was.

Yup, good ol' Murphy strikes everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.