Greater than 8.0.1-RC2 less than 8.0.1-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpaetzel

We are on track for 8.0.1-RELEASE Friday, here's a teaser:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8-nightly/FreeNAS-8r8022-amd64.iso/download

The .xz is a GUI upgrade image.

This is cut from the 8.0.1 branch, so you can upgrade an 8.0.1-BETA or RC system to it, and it will be upgradeable to 8.0.1-R.

http://people.freebsd.org/~tmclaugh/files/When I Do I Do I In Production.jpg

I can't really say much about the viability of this image, we can't really support it. It seems to be mostly free of fatal flaws, on the other hand we did more than a couple commits to the branch already today since I rolled this image....realistically it's probably as usable in production as the previous RCs, but you didn't hear that from me. ;)

What's everyone think about a freenasleaks site, ala wikileaks? :)

califrag

Dabbler
haha this is great :)

I am still on RC1 cause I'm waiting for 8.01 before upgrading.

I've got too much stuff already set up on RC1 that I dont want to have to reconfigure (twice - for RC2 and 8.01): serviio, sabnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato, headphones, subsonic, transmission, phpMyAdmin...

I've convinced a friend that he needs a FreeNAS machine, so maybe I can get him to try this version (install RC2, then GUI upgrade to this).

I'll post here if we end up doing that.

ProtoSD

MVP
What's everyone think about a freenasleaks site, ala wikileaks?

What would be different about it than making announcements here?

I think anything that takes away resources from development seems unnecessary if it can be shared in an existing forum like this. I know you guys are working hard, but FreeNAS is so young right now it needs all the TLC you guys can give it, like more features and fine tuning.

Maybe some kind of weekly/bi-weekly announcment here with an overview of what has been fix/improved, or where things are headed would be nice.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi Guys,

Here is the sha256 for the .xz file:

133e93b76d83c14e37f78682041e430acb71b99b8b1243600777b360848a719e

-Will

dfsooner

Dabbler
Hi Guys,

Here is the sha256 for the .xz file:

133e93b76d83c14e37f78682041e430acb71b99b8b1243600777b360848a719e

-Will

Downloaded the file from Sourceforge.net, mounted the .iso daemon on Windows 7 system. Could not upgrade using GUI (system/settings/advanced/firmware upgrade) by specifying the .xz file and the sha256 given in the above post. In fact I downloaded the firmware two different times and used the checksum with and without the embedded space.

I always received "Invalid firmware or checksum" message.

What am I doing wrong? Has the firmware been changed since the above checksum was posted?

Cellobita

Contributor
There's a space between the 07 and 77 that shouldn't be there - delete it and the checksum will validate just fine.

EDIT: Sorry, hadn't noticed you already tried without the space...

Status
Not open for further replies.