gpart: autofill: No space left on device

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippyr4

Cadet
All,

Previously running 9.2.1.5 on my hp microserver, with a high quality 16GB usb3 flash disk as boot device.

I want to do a clean install. I wiped the usb on my mac (gave it a MBR partition table with 1 FAT partition), then booted 9.3 installer from a different USB.

When I select the install device (it's da1) in the installed, I then the get warning about erasing data, as expected. I click on OK, and then instantly I get the enter root password page. I enter that twice, then, i get text at the bottom of the screen:-

da1 destroyed
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1048576 bytes transferred in 0.065122 secs (16104220 bytes/sec)
da1 created
da1p1 added
The FreeNAS installation in da1 has failed. Press enter to continue..

Not sure where to go from here. It's a 16GB device, and it's worked fine for years with freenas.

Thanks

D

dlavigne

The 9.3 installer is different and requires GPT. Assuming your BIOS supports that, it sounds like you need to use something like Active@ KillDisk to completely erase the stick.

slippyr4

Cadet
Odd: it didn't work after i did the dd to clear the disk.

I then put 9.2.1.3 back on it, and tried to do the upgrade firmware. it failed with the same error at the reboot.

My BIOS does support GPT - there are loads of people out there using GPT with hp Microservers

zenzei

Cadet
Hi,

I have the exact same problem - 8 GB stick, working with freenas previously 9.2 . Tried to upgrade to 9.3 stable latest and got the exact same problem as described in the topic. I have had the error in both cases:

- Trying to gui-upgrade
- Trying to do a fresh install (ISO is booting from another USB works, so it is not GPT error - it is an installation error)

da1 created
da1p1 added

Status
Not open for further replies.