Fresh install 11.1 UEFI/BIOS - SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottoangel

Cadet
I changed my old drives and thought that I should upgrade to the latest version of FreeNAS. But I have problems starting it after installation. In UEFI I can choose the USBstick as UEFI or witout it if I override the boot sequence. If I choose to use my USBstick "without" UEFI in the list from UEFI (BIOS) it starts FreeNAS. If I use the standard the boot sequence in FreeNAS just hangs after a couple of seconds. It seems to complain about ACPI and Alaska?

So I can start FreeNAS when overriding the boot sequence but not in normal startup because I can not choose the correct version of the USB stick. If that make any sense?

Motherboard: ASUS F1A75-M PRO, Socket-FM1
CPU: AMD A-Series A4-3400
Memory: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 16GB
NIC: Intel Pro/1000CT PCIe Desktop Adapter
USBstick: SanDisk Cruzer Micro 16GB
HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 4TB 3.5'' NAS HDD

ottoangel

Cadet
Even when I try to install I get this error if I choose UEFI. I have attached a picture of the problem.

Attachments

• 2018-02-14 20_02 Office Lens.jpg
    2018-02-14 20_02 Office Lens.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 454

Nick2253

Wizard
It sounds like something you need to change in your BIOS. You need to change your default USB boot to BIOS mode.

However, FreeNAS should have no problem with UEFI boot. Which USB port do you have it plugged in to? I'm wondering if your motherboard doesn't support full UEFI boot for that USB controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.