“Upgraded” from a UEFI mobo to a BIOS only mobo, now won’t boot.

“Upgraded” from a UEFI mobo to a BIOS only mobo, but my system disk was created for UEFI on usb stick and won’t boot with new-to-me, BIOS only, mobo. Is there any way to recover the system on the UEFI usb stick and transfer it to a new usb stick system set up for the BIOS to boot? Or any other solutions? I don’t want to rebuild all my users and pools.

Old mobo setup:
AMD A-whatever cheap APU
MSI A78M-e35
16gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz
8 1tb WD Blues
Intel NIC
Generic SATA card

New mobo setup:
AMD FX-8370
ASUS M5A78L-M
32gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz
Everything else the same.

I have my NAS in a fractal design node 804. The FX came out of my main machine in a Ryzen upgrade. I had to get a mATX AM3 board to fit in the case. Also wanted more RAM slots. But didn’t realize the issue. I never made a system snapshot either.

D

dlavigne

You could install the same version on a new USB stick, selecting the BIOS option during install. If it successfully boots, you can then restore a copy of your config. This does not affect your existing pools as the OS is separate from the storage disks.

You could install the same version on a new USB stick, selecting the BIOS option during install. If it successfully boots, you can then restore a copy of your config. This does not affect your existing pools as the OS is separate from the storage disks.

That’s where I’m stuck. I’m not sure how to restore a copy of my previous config. I have new usb stick setup for BIOS boot and the old usb stick setup for UEFI, how do I get the config off the old usb UEFI boot to restore to new.