FreeNAS update page/tab completely blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanVanVan

Patron
The pages of my FreeNAS GUI are blank. None of the tables, frames or content show up. For instance, I went to update FreeNAS to the latest stable-10 version, but the page is completely blank. (The normal "Check for Update" and "Choose the V10-stable/nightlies/V9 update branch" etc. is not there. Nothing is there.)

Any ideas? I tried restarting again with no luck.

Thanks

Edit: I attached a screenshot of what I'm looking at (and the alert that informs me that there is indeed an update available).

Edit 2: Determined the problem to be with Chrome Beta (the stable version of Chrome still displays everything fine.)

Edit 3: Now it's a problem on both Chrome Beta and Stable versions.

Edit 4: Fixed in the latest beta.

Attachments

• freenas.jpg
    freenas.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

EvanVanVan

Patron
Nevermind, it seems to just be a problem with Chrome? The update tab loads fine in Internet Explorer...strange...

Actually it's all Frames/tables that aren't loading... My Jails page is basically blank (the buttons are there, but Plex and Plexpy jails aren't appearing). My Storage/Volume page is the same way. My System > Boot page doesn't display my boot environments... etc. But they all show up fine in IE...wtf.

Stefan Krieger

Dabbler
Just had the same problem here. I assume this is due to a Chrome update, though I don't see an update in Chrome since May 2 listed...works fine in IE. Would be nice to know if there is a simple fix for Chrome.

EvanVanVan

Patron
Good call, I just reformatted this past weekend and your post reminded me to check if it was still an issue. Everything appeared normal but I realized I was only using regular Chrome and not the beta version, and after updating to [the beta version] the problem reoccurred and all my pages are blank.

Stefan Krieger

Dabbler
I'm still confused. For me the problem showed up and still persists on the stable Chrome update channel, as of May 9 (or May 8?). But the stable Chrome update channel last updated May 2 and my Chrome updated that day. I had no problems May 2 through at least the beginning of May 8. And I did check...I think...but it may not have been any of the affected areas of the GUI.

So that's probably it. Just a guess.

EvanVanVan

Patron
Almost a month later, this is still an issue...anyone else having this problem? and now it is happening to me on both the latest beta and stable branches.

I just reported the issue through Chrome and linked to this thread. Hopefully it gets taken care of.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Use a different browser instead of contributing to gratuitous incompatibilities.

I mean, when IE6 did shit like this, the general response was (correctly, mostly) "boo Microsoft, your product sucks".
Now that chrome does the same, it's "boo, iX, your product sucks".

I mean, Firefox and Edge both have no trouble whatsoever rendering the webGUI, and the same might also be true for "real" webkit browsers. But the problem is treated by many as a FreeNAS issue, which is ridiculous.

EvanVanVan

Patron
Forgot you replied. You're not wrong!

I was just checking it to see if anyone had figured out a solution (I didn't mean to blame iX/FreeNAS, this just seems like a good place to start asking for advice). I wasn't sure how wide-spread the issue was beyond Stefan Krieger and myself.

Thanks!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Forgot you replied. You're not wrong!

I was just checking it to see if anyone had figured out a solution (I didn't mean to blame iX/FreeNAS, this just seems like a good place to start asking for advice). I wasn't sure how wide-spread the issue was beyond Stefan Krieger and myself.

Thanks!
It wasn't directed at you, specifically. Just a general rant...

In any case, things have apparently been fixed on Chrome's side (so they say), so I'm not sure where that leaves iX's patch.

EvanVanVan

Patron
Chrome just updated and the issue is fixed.

Version 52.0.2743.24 beta-m (64-bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.