9.3 upgrade page blank - Upgrade Options?

drgonzo3000

Cadet
This machine was built quite awhile again and I have had zero issues with it. I rarely ever go into the GUI or mess with it at all. Today I'm doing rounds of password changes "Thanks LastPass!" and I happened to notice that the upgrade page was completely blank. So it has not been keeping itself up to date and I have zero option to attempt to update it. I'm not seeing any option for a cli update either which I find very odd. Hardware wise it's just an old AMD Athlon Dell computer, so nothing special. SSH or GUI are the only way I interact with it outside of it being shared storage on the local network.

So what are my options to get this thing updated to a functional newer version as simple as possible? OS is stored on a separate drive than the zpool, So do I just swap drives with a fresh installed OS version and reattach the storage?

Current version it's running is - FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
So do I just swap drives with a fresh installed OS version and reattach the storage?
More or less, but a lot of things have had significant changes, so expect your config file to not carry over very well. Seven years is a long time...

Hardware-wise, the only major change is that the minimum requirement for RAM has been bumped to 16 GB.

Davvo

MVP
Also flash USB sticks are no longer considered a good option as a boot pool.