storage_1.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 258
  • storage_2.jpg
    storage_2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The first step would be to see if you can get a FreeNAS install USB stick to boot.

If that boots, try to install to the same location as your current install (effectively an upgrade/repair).

If that works, back up your config and think about changing your boot drive. (at very least be ready to do that soon)

Mohammed

Dabbler
thanks a lot dear for reply I will try it when I reach home ,
I am using to 2 16G sandisk cruzer blade for booting .

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems

Mohammed

Dabbler
@sretalla
1- reinstall on same usb stick ( same issue )
2- reinstall on new usb stick & restore the backup ( same issue )
3- ???? :)

@HoneyBadger
thanks dear for reply. I bought this motherboard before 4 years because only it is support 12 SATA ports.
For bug from you only I know this :(

More than 20 tb data !!!!! , :(

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
@Mohammed, read this thread https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/how-long-your-asrock-c2550d4i-or-c2750d4i-lasted.45445/ which covers many users affected by the Intel issue with your specific motherboard.

You will see:

(a) it is very likely that Asrock will cover your board under warranty if indeed it has failed in the typical manner - you should contact them and discuss as their extended warranty is, AFAIK, 4 years.

(b) that you should anticipate that you will not lose data - one of the best features of FreeNAS's use of ZFS is that the data storage is substantially independent of the OS - so, once you again have a functional FreeNAS system, hook up your HDD's to it and your data should be there.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on with Asrock.

Redcoat

MVP
If it's the SATA port quantity that is troubling you - the solution is a motherboard of your choice plus a compatible HBA (host bus adapter) that will provide the additional SATA ports that you need. See information here about HBA's.

sretalla