freenas not booting on dell bios

joonk1313

Cadet
Im using a dell vostro 200 with a Pentium 2180 3 WD blue 1TB and a sandisk as a boot drive i used another flash drive as install media. I used Rufus to burn the ISO as per the instruction in the freenas documentation. upon booting off the install media the BIOS completely freezes the dell logo is displayed endlessly it only booted into the install media when legacy BIOS multi partitioning was enabled. after a successful install and booting into freenas via the boot drive the same thing happens this was on 11.1 any ideas??

D

dlavigne

Does the hardware meet the minimum requirements?
Have you tried creating the installation media with a tool other than Rufus?
Is the BIOS at the latest version?

joonk1313

Cadet
Does the hardware meet the minimum requirements?
Have you tried creating the installation media with a tool other than Rufus?
Is the BIOS at the latest version?
Yes the minimum system requirements were met with 8gb ddr2 ram and 32 gb usb boot drive i only used rufus as per the documentation any other tool you could suggest would be helpful to give it a try dell has not released a new BIOS for this particular system in over 2 years system was installed with BIOS con-fig not uefi

D

dlavigne

It doesn't sound like that hardware meets the min requirements. That is a discontinued processor that was launched in 2007 and a non-updateable BIOS...

joonk1313

Cadet
It doesn't sound like that hardware meets the min requirements. That is a discontinued processor that was launched in 2007 and a non-updateable BIOS...
According to the documentation there was nothing about the bios other than that it needed 64 bit hardware the cpu according to Intel is 64bit capable and 8gb of ram is Installed what exactly would be incompatible