freenas mini help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcom

Contributor
Just came back home from a long hospital stay to find my freenas crashed with the following error: Please see attached file)
Any ideas?

The last thing I did was update my freenas and it went well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180619_110103.png
    Screenshot_20180619_110103.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 195

joeschmuck

Old Man
What are you running, 11.1-U5 ? I can state for a fact that I will not update to U5, too many people having issues with it.

hopefully this isn't the watchdog timer issue where the motherboards go bad. I don't recall the specific error messages for that issue, you may want to look into it. If that is the problem, iXsystems may help fix it.

xcom

Contributor
What are you running, 11.1-U5 ? I can state for a fact that I will not update to U5, too many people having issues with it.

hopefully this isn't the watchdog timer issue where the motherboards go bad. I don't recall the specific error messages for that issue, you may want to look into it. If that is the problem, iXsystems may help fix it.

OUCH!
That all sounds like bad news...
Well I been disconnected from the scenes way toooo long. I focused more on the TrueNAS side and kind of left the freenas world to just be... :D
I was going to do major surgery a week ago and decided to leave everything for work in good standing... I guess that was a bad idea? LOL

I am going to install a secondary USB with 11.1 older version and see what happens
Thanks for the pointer!

joeschmuck

Old Man
Sorry to get back to you so late, I only now have got back to my computer to check emails.

11.1-U4 is pretty safe to use. And if you did run into the motherboard issue, contact iXsystems about it as it's a well known problem and they have been replacing motherboard even well beyond the warranty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.