Problems with migrating to new pool

Vayu Puthran

Cadet
I'm running FreeNAS-11.3-U2.1 on a ~5 year old Freenas Mini system. I just had one pool(let's call it Tank1) for all my data. I wanted to migrate my data to a new pool (Tank2) and retire my old pool. I replicated data from Tank2. Tank2 is operational.

Before removing Tank1, I wanted to ensure that there is no dependency on Tank1. So I made Tank1 read only to see if anything fails. I noticed 2 failures after that.

1. If I go to system->update and check for updates, it does not work. I get the error message the following error message
[Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/var/db/system/tmpdegc5vcz': Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings.

2. My SMB service is broken. I tried turning off the service and turning it back on. It does not turn back on. Instead, I get the error message "SMB service failed to start."

If I make 'read only = off' again for Tank1, both of these problems go away. So it looks like there is some residual dependency on Tank1. I went through the settings to find that dependency and change it to Tank2. But I'm not able to find it. Could someone please help me find the dependency?

1622614754696.png
1622614808461.png

sretalla