FreeNAS as Backup Target for FreeBSD zfSnap - collectd messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelchrome

Cadet
Hi all,

I am using FreeNAS (9.10.1 U2) as a backup target for my FreeBSD Server. The whole 'zroot' pool is mirrored to the FreeNAS box which works perfectly well (I have a plan how to do a bare metal restore from that backup).

The only thing which annoys me totally is that collectd is logging many errors (on console and the messages log file)

Code:
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/data) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/data/mail) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/data/owncloud) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/tmp) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/usr/home) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/usr/ports) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/usr/src) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/var/crash) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/var/log) failed: No such file or directory
Oct  8 10:22:55 <freenas-box> collectd[20879]: statvfs(/mnt/<pool>/backup/<freebsd-server>/zroot/var/mail) failed: No such file or directory

I don't want/need to mount that filesystems. But it looks like collectd/statvfs doesn't like that.

Any hints?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Reboot or detach and import your pool. Freenas sees your new datasets, but they aren't in the data collection scripts (which get generated at reboot, import, or FreeNAS dataset creation using the GUI).

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Have you tried to detach the pool and then import it?

pixelchrome

Cadet
Have you tried to detach the pool and then import it?

Yes, but it doesn't solves the problem. The messages are gone until the new Snapshots replicated via zxfer.

Snapshots from the FreeBSD Server are replicated once a day to the FreeNAS-Box.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I don't know any way to resolve this, since things are going behind the scene of FreeNAS, it's going to complain. You can submit a feature request using the bug reporting link at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.