Major replication issues - Oct-Nov 2015 builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake1970

Dabbler
Yes I have tried. The reason it should work and has worked in the past is that you are replicating datasets not data. When I specify a destination dataset it is suppose to create a sub dataset where I have specified.

I should be able to create a sub dataset called "test" under my source "source_volume_1/dataset1". Then setup periodic snap and replication job as follows:

Replicate this: source_volume_1/dataset1/test

To this: destination_volume_1/dataset2 (As long as dataset2 exists on the destination it should auto create "test")

which should give you a destination dataset of "destination_volume_1/dataset2/test"

Everything works though if I create it manually, however, I think this is why my permissions are getting over written and do not follow. I end up with permissions like 10955 and 10500 on the dataset, snaps and files.

How can I get someone from developement to look at this? What is the process to bring to there attention?

Thanks

raymonvdm

Dabbler
I have updated to the latest version of FreeNAS which holds some fixes for ZFS sync but it seem not completely fixed

Overview_Periodic_Snapshot.png

ReplicationView.png

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I've found better luck not using the same destinations for 3 different datasets. I'd create a separate dataset for tank/zfssync/foto, tank/zfssync/margriet, and tank/zfssync/raymon and change the replication task to use them. My guess is that each of your replication tasks are stomping on the others.

raymonvdm

Dabbler
Strange, because it was working fine in the past :confused:

When i use a different dataset for each sync i get the following errors

zfssync_to_own_dataset_notworking.png

So i also need to create the dataset /tank/syncraymon/raymon for the sync to start. FreeNAS is not creating /raymon for me as it did in the past

I`m really confused on how this should be working and is actually (not) working

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.