FreeNAS 9.2.1-BETA now ready for download!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus33

Patron
Not much point since i already told John Hubbard the issue remained and he suggested it was my download speed or it could take up to a hour.

I informed him my speed is more the up to the job and i waited two hours.

I suggested freezing the update feature tell the issue could be resolved to prevent problems for people.

It was closed and but the issue remains exactly as it was originally reported.

I have no problems with giving feedback and posting bug reports but i got more important things to do then spend what little free time i have trying to get someone to pay attention to whats easily seen.

warri

Guru
Then go and fix it yourself. FreeNAS is open source and they welcome pull requests.

Magnus33

Patron
Then go and fix it yourself. FreeNAS is open source and they welcome pull requests.

Not a helpful post on your part.

This is not a complaint this is reporting back as we are asked to about how the beta works and i did what was requested of me.

I and others reported the issue and then updated the bug report that the fix did not resolve the issue.
Its clear that just me reporting the issue is unresolved is not enough to get the issue resolved and others are going to need to report back on the state of the fix before its looked back into.
The issue shall get resolved it just going to take more then just one person before its acknowledge the fix is ineffective.

I have nothing but praise for the work that they do

warri

Guru
Sorry for the rough tone - a lot of people don't appreciate the work going into such a project. Additionally, iXsystems have a fairly open and transparent development process.

I generally agree with you - the ticket probably shouldn't have been closed without testing or should be re-opened for further investigation. I guess let's wait for a response from jkh.

Magnus33

Patron
Sorry for the rough tone - a lot of people don't appreciate the work going into such a project. Additionally, iXsystems have a fairly open and transparent development process.

I generally agree with you - the ticket probably shouldn't have been closed without testing or should be re-opened for further investigation. I guess let's wait for a response from jkh.

No problem i can fully understand that some don't realize the amount of work that goes into this great free software.

I would look into myself but i had recent wrist surgery on the right wrist and the left is still in a cast so any coding i do is going to be quite some time from now.

I suspect the fix is on the correct track but something got missed which anyone who coded is darn easy to do ;)

J

jpaetzel

Post BETA:

Some fairly major bugs were fixed with the samba config generator.

Reporting module was completely replaced. I know you're all thinking WTF are these cowboys up to doing this after a beta, well you know what. We got the green light on open sourcing it and hesitated not, just in case anyone changed their mind.

J

jkh

Hello,
Is IE11 supported in this version of FreeNAS? I know this isn't a priority but, I'd love to be able to change settings on my server with my Surface 2 (only supports IE11).

The problem is simply one of access - our UI guy doesn't have an IE11 machine handy. I'm sure it's just some subtle Javascript thing, but we need to figure out some way of reproducing it before we can plausibly fix it. We'll see what we can do!

J

jkh

Seems the ticket been closed even when told the problem hasn't been resolved and the problems clearly remains.

The ticket is re-opened. Unfortunately, we can't currently reproduce the problem. We may need some cooperation to isolate and reproduce the problem you're seeing.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Thanks, I was just about to go looking for that. Finally getting around to upgrading our laptops here, and debugging scripted app installs is a pain...

diehard

Contributor
Just wondering .. does this mean SMB Multichannel? Will we finally get enterprise grade windows based file sharing with server 2012 and freenas?

If so i am very excited.

freebee

Cadet
Suggestion: If possible, made a bhyve version. Now with FreeBSD 10 in production, will be fantastic a automatic install to just run in this environment. More testers come.

Cosmo_Kramer

Contributor
J

jkh

Uh, SMB multichannel?

I know that wasn't in 4.0, and I see no mention in the 4.1 release notes

Sorry, it appears you're right - an overly enthusiastic Samba 4 devteam member talked about SMB multichannel in some Samba4 slideware that had me fooled (I can find the citation if anyone really cares), but I found later blog posts that said it was *not* in Samba4 and though some *other* blogs even contradict that, I'm going to go with the safe option and say "No. It's not in there or they'd have made a bigger deal of it."

Sorry folks, you'll just have to live with server-side copies as the only big new SMB3 protocol feature. We did test that, at least. It works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.