FreeNAS 9.2.1-RC (Release Candidate) now ready for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. I did the GUI upgrade to 9.2.1 on the nightly. Booting now just gets stuck at "Timecounter "RSC-low" frequency 1266740127 Hz quality 1000"

Obviously a BSD error, but a shame. I was looking forward to some of the new features.

I've actually yet to have a GUI upgrade go well to be honest. I always seem to just end up having to reinstall from scratch. Those always seem to go flawlessly.

Yatti420

Wizard
Hey there. I did the GUI upgrade to 9.2.1 on the nightly. Booting now just gets stuck at "Timecounter "RSC-low" frequency 1266740127 Hz quality 1000"

Obviously a BSD error, but a shame. I was looking forward to some of the new features.

I've actually yet to have a GUI upgrade go well to be honest. I always seem to just end up having to reinstall from scratch. Those always seem to go flawlessly.

Try a clean install does it still fail then (backup config)? What hardware are you using?

Try a clean install does it still fail then (backup config)? What hardware are you using?

Clean install will probably work, although I'll probably hang fire until the RELEASE version comes out to do it. I had the same deal with 9.2.0 when it came out. It's no biggie really, it's just my home NAS, not production or anything. Just thought it might be useful feedback! Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, all I'm doing is the standard procedure for GUI upgrade though. It all seems to go OK until reboot.

I'm running on a Dell R510 with a H600 RAID card. I've rolled back now, but here's the system info if it's of any use.

http://imgur.com/Wv14F2u

joeschmuck

Old Man
Just returned form a working trip and was glad to see this posted. Samba 4.1.4 sounds great, as well as the other enhancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.