Freenas 8 Web gui Gray out when I try to add new anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamarw

Cadet
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time on! I was running FreeNAS .689b (I think) without any problems I had a hard drive failure shich resulted in me starting over. I figured this was a good time to upgrade to v8. I downloaded the full image and put it on a thumb drive which boots up fine (I think). When I try to use the webgui I cant do anything with it. It asks me to log in (admin freenas), I see menu items, but every time I try to add a volume or add anything it grey's out and becomes inactive. I have to refresh the url to continue.
I'm using the same drives I had with the precious version and there is likely content there (though unrecoverable). Any ideas would be helpful.

Lamar

ProtoSD

MVP
FreeNAS 8.0 has problems with importing, you should use 8.01 beta 4. After you do that, you don't need to add, but on the left sidebar of the GUI click on Storage -> Volumes -> Auto Import.

You may be better starting from the command line and doing a 'zpool export' before you try that. Actually, that's only if you're using ZFS. If you have a mirror, you might just try the Auto Import from the GUI.

lamarw

Cadet
Thanks protosd,
I don't see Auto Import but I do see Import and that makes the screen go grey as well. Actually even clicking 'Help' makes the screen gray out and become inactive.

lamarw

Cadet
This is what I'm currently using: FreeNAS Build: "FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-i386" is this above or below 8.01 beta 4?

lamarw

Cadet
Okay,
I am using 8.0.1 beta 4 and the gui is now working. Thanks for the tip! One more thing, if I may ask, Is the RaidZ2 the same as Raid 5?

ProtoSD

MVP
If I'm not mistaken, I think Z1 is Raid 5, but it could be that Z2 just gives you the extra parity drive which allows any 2 drives to fail and still allows you to access your data.

lamarw

Cadet
Would that be Raid 6 then? Also, I'm trying to employ the CIFS to allow for windows discovery. When I pull up the CIFS form I change the Workgroup to MSHOME and click OK without making any other changes it responds with blanking out the Minimal AIO read size and the Minimal AIO write size and complains they can't be blank. When I re-enter their default value of 1 in both it does the same thing blanks it out and complains. Actually, I don't know what the AIO value is for. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.