Freenas 8 Release & ESXi 5.0.0 iSCSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pereuko

Cadet
Has anyone tried to connect ESXi 5 to Freenas using iSCSI? I had iSCSI up and running for couple weeks. I upgraded from ESXi 4.1u1 to 5.0.0 and I can't reconnect the iSCSI LUN. Autodiscovery works fine, the target shows up on the properties screen but I can't get it to show up under available devices/paths.

There are several people in vmware forums with same issue: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1819270#1819270

Under 4.1 Update 1 - Dynamic Discovery detects the targets correctly and presents all extents. The extents mounted work as expected.

Under 5.0 - Dynamic Discovery discovers correctly discovers the target but fails to detect any extents(paths/devices) associated with the target.

Update:
I found a post in the bug forum from 5 days ago, should have checked that section sooner. :)

Also listed in the 8.0.1-RC1 Errata:
iSCSI doesn't work with VMWare ESXi 5.0. An update to the iSCSI target software that addresses this issue will be available before 8.0.1-RELEASE.

Update 2:
Resolved - Updating to 8.0.1 RC2 fixed the issue.​

newmember

Cadet
Just something I noticed in the ESXi logs, there was this error:

Login to iSCSI target iqn.2011-03.peachtree.istgt:freenas2 on vmhba39 @ vmk0 failed.
The iSCSI initiator could not establish a network connection to the target.
error
06/09/2011 1:58:43 AM
localhost.home.local

Same target works fine for 4.1u1 ESXi

Status
Not open for further replies.