new iSCSI extent & VMware ESXi (iSCSI target is already configured in the ESXi host)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemancrew

Cadet
Hi to all members.

I have the following lab:

2 ESXi hosts (physical) , running VMware ESXi version 5.1
1 FreeNAS host (physical)

I have configured FreeNAS and VMware ESXi host to talk with each other through iSCSI.
so I have iSCSI target which is already configured in the level of the ESXi host.
all extents which I already configured prior adding the iSCSI target into VMware host is recognized without any problem.

now , I am creating new extent in the level of FreeNAS (through the GUI) and the problem is that without turning off the iSCSI service and turning ON back the iSCSI service the extent will not be recognized in the level of ESXi host.

I have read some information and found that without enabling LUC this is regular behavior.

So , I have turned on LUC and used the following configuration:

LUC.jpg

you can see the attached screen shot

anyway , I am also writing the information which you will see inside the screen shot:

Controller IP address: 127.0.0.1
Controller TCP port: 3261
Controller Authorized Network: 127.0.0.0/8
Controller Auth Method: None
Controller Auth Group: None

The problem is that still I encounter the same issue , and when I am creating new extent in the level of FreeNAS I still do not see it in the ESXi level until I don't restart the iSCSI service in the level of FreeNAS.

in this opportunity , I would like to ask the following , in case I turn on LUC , still the esxi need to connect to the iSCSI target or from the moment I enable the LUC the ESXi need to connect to the LUC controller.

thanks in advanced for anyone who assist here.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Re: new iSCSI extent & VMware ESXi (iSCSI target is already configured in the ESXi ho

127.0.0.1? Am I reading that correctly?

EDIT-sorry, I missed the LUC...disregard my mumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.