extent iscsi vmware esxi

marzo82

Cadet
Hi all,

I have a problem, I have an installation of FreeNAS-11.2-U5 connected by ISCSI to an ESXI VWARE server, but the problem is that an extent was mistakenly deleted, and now I can no longer see the datastore in vmware, there is some way to recover data.

MikeyG

Patron
If it was the extent and not the zvol, can't you recreate the extent and then re-mount the datastore in ESXi?

marzo82

Cadet
If it was the extent and not the zvol, can't you recreate the extent and then re-mount the datastore in ESXi?
Yes, I have recreated the extent, and I try to add it to vmware but at the time of adding it tells me that it is going to format it, I just take care that I see the data that is in that zvol.

MikeyG

Patron
Ah, I think I've had that happen to me once or twice. Does it give you the option to re-signature the datastore?

I think I've restored backups from Veeam or just mounted an earlier snapshot of the zvol rather than trying to dig into repairing the datastore.

marzo82

Cadet
ok, how would it be, recover the datastore or the data from a snapshoot of zvol?
Because I don't have veeam backups.
Ah, I think I've had that happen to me once or twice. Does it give you the option to re-signature the datastore?

I think I've restored backups from Veeam or just mounted an earlier snapshot of the zvol rather than trying to dig into repairing the datastore.

ok, how would it be, recover the datastore or the data from a snapshoot of zvol?
Because I don't have veeam backups.