iSCSI share not found by ESXi 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_JOAT

Cadet
I have been working on getting a virtualized instance of FreeNAS 9.3 to share out an iSCSI drive for VM backup purposes (to be used with XSIbackup) for over a week. I am unable to get my ESXi 5.5 hosts to see the share created on FreeNAS. I have poured over many threads on FreeNAS, ESXi and iSCSI and everything appears to be fine up to the part of adding the iSCSI to the VM host. Block size is 512 default, portal is set to listen on either interface (I can ping the iSCSI IP, web management IP and ESXi host IP without issues), target, extent and associated target all added. iSCSI service is also running.

As far as I can find, there is not anything that should be preventing the iSCSI from being shared. Any input would be most appreciated.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
With such little information provided, all anyone's likely to suggest is that you make sure you've followed the setup for iSCSI listed in the manual. Can you telnet to port 3260?

IT_JOAT

Cadet
Thanks for the quick reply, what other information would be helpful?

Regarding setup: Yes, I followed the setup listed both in the manual and on a few different writeup sites. I have re-installed FreeNAS twice so far to ensure I was starting from square 1 each time.

What should freenas reply with on port 3260?

freeNAS host box - 2x1TB drives, RAID0, one virtual drive for FreeNAS, 1.75TB shared out via iSCSI

All VM hosts are on the same subnet on our switch and have access to the appropriate iSCSI VLAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.