iSCSI to ESXi - Not seeing device

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenb

Cadet
Hi there,

I've been trying to make an iscsi lun, without success, using both file and device extents. I've followed numerous guides, using version 7, 8, and now the latest beta 3.

This is the last guide I followed:
http://www.vladan.fr/how-to-configure-freenas-8-for-iscsi-and-connect-to-esxi/

I add the target address into "dynamic discovery", then it scans and finds the target:

4slnip.jpg

However, it doesn't show up under devices:

nf4n5w.jpg

Any ideas? I'm not sure what else to check.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi darrenb,

Are you running 8.0 or an 8.0.1 Beta release?

If you can try 8.0.1 Beta4...the iscsi software was updated in one of them and there were some other improvements made that corrected a number of problems.

-Will

Khue

Cadet
Hey everybody. I am kind of new around here but this post seems to be illustrating some issues that I am going through right now. I too found the guide referenced in the OP and I don't seem to be able to get my ESX server to connect to the FreeNAS box. I have some subtle differences in my configuration. I am running ESX 4.0.0 261974 (basically ESX Update 2 with no patches) along with vCenter 4 update 1. I feel like I am missing just one important step but I can't figure it out as my production environment deals with fiber channel and not iSCSI. Rather then start a new post, I figured I'd just try to keep suggestions coming in this one. Any and all help is welcome! Thanks!

EDIT: Figured it out. Make sure you have your vmkernal network setup properly. My vmkernal network for iSCSI was setup on the wrong VLAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.