FreeNAS 8.2.0-RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
The upgrade from Beta4 to RC1 failed for me too. I used the .tgz file. I eventually upgraded manually by saving the config, flashing the USB drive and loading the config in to /data manually (loading it in from the GUI also failed).

I have another issue which I've had with all 8.2 releases thus far. Apparently it's a known issue but I don't know what the status of it is. I have a HP Microserver N40L and it seems to run fine except for Transmission. I had Beta4 running very well and stable for a couple weeks with no issues until I tried to use Transmission. After a couple hours I got a Trap 12 error and the system hung. I rebooted. The machine then never fully boots and gets stuck at another Trap 12. The only way to fix it is to reflash the USB drive. RC1 still has this issue seemingly as my server has been running fine until I tried to use Transmission. About an hour in - Trap 12, same thing.

Now, from what I have gathered it seems to be a driver issue with the integrated NIC and it not liking the jail too much, particularly when the jail is shut down. I think Transmission must be crashing the Jail or something like that which is then causing the issue, and then on a reboot when the server tries to start it again the problem persists.

Is there any solution to this?, very annoying considering this is very common hardware, and not new. :( Other than that, the machine is solid.

Can you submit the old (beta4 version) .db file to the ticket https://support.freenas.org/ticket/1653 ?
If you had some password set, try to erase them before... (it is a sqlite3 database file)

nogi

Explorer
Upgrade failed for me from FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p2-x64 (11367) and get the following error

error.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.