FreeNAS 11.3 completely freezes from time to time after upgrading to 11.3

Hi all
I have a strange problem with my installment.
Previously I had Freenas installed on a USB drive with version 10. It worked with no problems, but I decided to switch to a SSD disk becasue I read that it would be better nowadays. I bought a SSD disk and installed the nevest version on that. (FreeNAS-11.3-U1, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor, 8GB RAM )

Everything works except that freenas completely freezes from time to time. It stops responding to ping, the console does not answer, I can't connect through the network to the server. The only solution I have found is to hard boot the server. I have also seen that sometime the server has restarted by itself.
The frequency of the freezing is roughly every second day. Sometime every day, sometimes more days between.

I find it hard that it would be a HW error with memory, cpu or motherboard, due to that it has been working without problems for quite a long time before upgrading.

I don't find anything in the logfiles either
I have tried to not start the jail where I have everything that i want to run on the server except for the filesharing but it didnt help, so I guess the problem lies in freenas somewhere

Anyone that has any idea what this might be or were I can look in the server to try to find the error???
Any files or something else that I can include to give any better idea of whats happening?

Regards
Kristoffer

Yorick

Wizard
Thanks for the reply, seems to be the same problem. Didnt find this post when searching. If I want to install 11.2 is it just to install it from scratch again on top of already installed 11.3?

Yorick

Wizard
Where was the pool created? On 11.3? If so, you can’t move to 11.2 and keep the pool. Feature flags are what you need to look at here.

Hmm, some pools were created om 10 and some on 11.3. All were upgraded under 11.3 though. What is feature flags?

Yorick

Wizard
FreeBSD 11.3 / FreeNAS 11.3 added spacemap_v2, which is read only compatible. If you upgraded the pool in 11.3, that is, chose the option that warns you that you may not be able to downgrade, then that pool is now read only in 11.2, but can't be written to.