FreeNAS 11.2 Stable and Safari on iOS

pixel8383

Explorer
Some days ago I updated to FreeNAS 11.2, everything is working fine. I can login to the new interface using my pc's browsers or via SSH. When I try to login using iOS I get stuck on "Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network.".
I tried deleting my browser cache with no result. It happens on an iPad and on an iPhone running iOS12.

dff

Cadet
I'm confused, why has this ticket been closed? I cannot access the FreeNAS-11.2-U5 GUI from iOS 12.3.1 with safari or firefox. "Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network." Connecting to the pfsense web ui works without a problem, so it seems likely that this is a freenas issue.

Bunky

Cadet
I am having the same issue; GUI works fine on chrome on android or Firefox in Kubuntu, but gives the message above when I try to connect via Safari on iPad or iPhone.

I’m running FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1, by the way.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I do not know the status on any documentation for the solution to this problem. Looking at the Jira ticket referenced in @dff post, which is also a year old may have provided a fix. Did you attempt any of it? If the procedure below (taken from the ticket) did not solve it, then perhaps further details are needed and it may result in a NEW ticket with that information.

Screenshot_2020-07-05 Bug #54306 New Web UI document using self-signed certificate - FreeNAS -...png

pixel8383

Explorer
I do not know the status on any documentation for the solution to this problem. Looking at the Jira ticket referenced in @dff post, which is also a year old may have provided a fix. Did you attempt any of it? If the procedure below (taken from the ticket) did not solve it, then perhaps further details are needed and it may result in a NEW ticket with that information.

I just gave it a try but did not solve the issue. I installed the crt on iOS and enabled the Trust on the Settings -> General -> Info section.