11.2 Beta 1 Login Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickinfl

Contributor
Hi,

Upgraded to 11.2 Beta 1 and can't seem to login but with Firefox. I've tried Google Chrome, IE, SeaMonkey. Nothing seems to work. Also Flushed all History and Cache, cookies, passwords... everything still can't get it.

The url I get:

http://xx.xx.xx.xx/ui/sessions/signin

The message that sits on the page:

Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

D

dlavigne

Did the IP address change? That message usually indicates a network error or wrong IP.

Rickinfl

Contributor
Nothing Changed. I just did the upgrade to 11.2 Beta1. It only happens on my windows box. I just tested my Linux Mint box and Chrome and Firefox works fine. Flipping Microsoft! lol

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Is there some additional helpful antivirus or "firewall" software on the Windows system that is preventing certain types of network or Javascript access in browsers?

Rickinfl

Contributor

Rickinfl

Contributor
Is there some additional helpful antivirus or "firewall" software on the Windows system that is preventing certain types of network or Javascript access in browsers?

I'm looking into all that now. I'm spinning up another windows box to see if the issue is also there. If not than it's on this box or user profile which I'll try in a few

wblock

Documentation Engineer
and can't seem to login but with Firefox.
Sorry, I might have misunderstood this. Did you mean Firefox on Windows works, but the other browsers do not?

Rickinfl

Contributor
I just tried to login 3 different windows boxes with IE and Chrome can't login also firefox doesn't work. Very strange. No firewall enabled on any machine. I'm still trouble shooting.

Rickinfl

Contributor
Sorry, I might have misunderstood this. Did you mean Firefox on Windows works, but the other browsers do not?

This Windows box the Firefox works, but the 3 others do not. I'm still testing, but Linux boxes work without any issues.

I'm going to say this is something on my side not FreeNAS since my Linux boxes access it just fine and nobody else has complained.

Thanks for the help

amd550

Cadet
Ok iv had the same issue. I opened opera and was able to log into the server no problems. I changed back to the original ui but when I try to connect with explore is tries to connect to the new ui even thought iv changed it.

malco_2001

Dabbler
Is anyone seeing this issue with Windows 10? Or is this only happening with Windows 7, 8, or 8.1?

Spidey47

Cadet
I have the same issue, I have been on 9.10 for years without issues and finally decided to upgrade to 11.2 stable, I can no longer access the ui as it gives the following "Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network." I have tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge from Windows 10 comp, safari on ios and firefox on android and no luck on any. Does anyone have any suggestions short of a complete start over.

OleWissing

Cadet
Same issue with 11.2-BETA2 - on iOS (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Aloha), but using the same browsers on my Mac works fine. Spooky!

Attachments

• A0D021BC-272A-42F9-904D-9E1EC1A4BBF3.png
    A0D021BC-272A-42F9-904D-9E1EC1A4BBF3.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 748

diskdiddler

Wizard
People having this issue, how much ram do you have? Can you SSH in to a terminal session?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The new GUI requires additional connections to work. Make sure any routers and firewalls are configured accordingly.

Kawtipping

Cadet
Go directly to your FreeNAS box and re-enter your network info. I had the same problem this morning, and that fixed my login issue.

goodnight

Cadet
Hi,

Upgraded to 11.2 Beta 1 and can't seem to login but with Firefox. I've tried Google Chrome, IE, SeaMonkey. Nothing seems to work. Also Flushed all History and Cache, cookies, passwords... everything still can't get it.

The url I get:

Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi,

The url I get:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

HELLO,

Me too
I also have the same problem
Because I use KASPERSKY antivirus software.
After closing the KASPERSKY anti-virus software, it will display normally.

goodnight

Cadet

KASPERSKY antivirus software can cause problems.
After closing the KASPERSKY anti-virus software, it will display normally.

HAJFAJV

Dabbler
Can people login now? I tried some other software while I hoped this maybe would get sorted. Is there a way to login with the webgui from windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.